Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Direct Connection Parts

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I used to race back in the 1960s. I had a1960 Impala, 283 bored out to 301, 4-speed Corvette close ratio transmission, 4 barrel carburetor, etc. But life happens and I had to get rid of my toys. I guess I’m trying to recreate that time of my life by building a new toy. I definitely want to take it to the track, just for the fun of it. I enjoy driving around and have people comment on the car. Plus, if I happen to pull up next to a mustang or Camaro, I might be tempted to have some more fun. I realize that I would lose warranty, and I want to be careful about that. I love the sound of the AWE exhaust, but what is the difference between a Touring sound and a Track sound. And to be honest, this is my Dream car, It reminds me of the days of racing GTOs, Camaros, and a few Mama’s cars.
Just like AWE states

Touring Edition Exhaust

The Touring Edition is a full 3” straight-through stainless steel catback configuration capable of delivering optimal power while remaining drone-free throughout the entire rev range. Featuring a precision-engineered H-pipe and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers deep, rich exhaust notes that coax you to redline.

VS

Track Edition Exhaust

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated H-pipe and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid-range acceleration and deceleration and may be too much for many. Due to this reason, AWE Track Edition Exhausts cannot be returned based on sound preference. You’ve been warned.

I have the Track edition installed on My Hellcat. I do race the 1/4 mile.

~Linda

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Old Man’s Redeye I have always posted that I think going to the track with your stock vehicle with Drag wheels on and learn what you have.
Get all the PB's you can. You will enjoy the 1/4 mile ride and Daily Driving will still be easy.

Thinking about your Budget, you can always add Tuning later. You will definitely want to build and add for strength with parts that will not require Tuning yet.
Tuning will give you more HP, but not part strength. You will need part strength first, because there is already a lot of rear torque that you will be dealing with when launching. Stock was easy for me.

The AWE exhaust, either Touring or Track will not need Tuning. Lots of Great sound.

Also, AWE has been MFG'd to go along with aftermarket parts like the -
https://highhorseperformance.com/do...n-redeye-super-stock/drivetrain/differential/

Diff Brace. The Best "Peace of mind" part installed on my Hellcat, The gear box can break on a hard launch, and it can take out the half shaft and or driveshaft. No Tuning.

The RE driveshaft seems to be stronger than the regular Hellcats, but that might be something eventually you might want to change. No Tuning

A Good set of Drag Wheels and Drag radials. I use Mickey Thompson ET Rs. <----- No Tuning, but does make the launch hook, so the extra parts I have mentioned would be good to have installed.

When you do go to the track, I am sure you will meet other Hellcat owners there. I've seen many posts how Hellcat or Mopar racers become friends and will help each other out. Maybe they can help with install of parts and or know a local shop that can do it Right!

There may be other suggestions for parts to be installed that requires no Tuning.

I would Give https://highhorseperformance.com/ Their Website has a Plethora of Parts for our mopars!

Joshua Schwartz is the owner of HHP between himself and his customers many parts are always being tested at the track. My Husband (rip) and I were the 1st Hellcat Customers out with Josh back in 2015. Since then, the aftermarket parts for our cars have been getting better and stronger, that was something my husband pushed for. You are lucky to have so many known parts available, which does make it easier to get everything together to be installed at once.

Give the HHP sales a call and ask about packages for your need for speed. Things that don't require Tuning yet. I'm sure there may be some supporting parts I am not thinking of.
They could probably also help you with an installer in Texas.

Sales 1-888-894-1115

~ Linda :)

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewisville
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #23
A friend just had the stage kits put on his Redeye, he hasn’t said anything yet about the extra performance. I also use Jon Moored you won’t be disappointed let me tell you.
When you find out how your friend likes (or) dislikes his stag kits, would you mind letting me know? Thanks!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Absolutely will do.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
This gentleman was one of the first Stage 2 Redeye’s & has been running in the 9’s. Great source for Direct Connection Stage info.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
When you find out how your friend likes (or) dislikes his stag kits, would you mind letting me know? Thanks!
There are lots of threads and posts on Stage kits in this and other forums, UP suggested a good one, but also realize that guy was very fast before the kit.

I strongly suggest you do your own research in addition to asking questions. The more knowledge you attain before asking, the better your questions will be and the more helpful the answers.

Everything in this thread appears accurate, but like everything, there are advantages and disadvantages that you need to sort out to make sure your choice fits your expectations. Knowledge is your best friend.

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewisville
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #27
I hear you. I am one lucky young man who will celebrate the 69th in two weeks. Lucky because I am still able to get my QuickJacks out myself and crawl on the floor and still work on it as necessary. I have worked on cars myself since I was a kid. Fortunately after I DID make the painful decision two summers ago, to kiss my warranty good bye and hired @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC to upgrade my RE, the ONLY item I have to do is simply change my converters in and out in order to use it on high speed road courses. I spent $700 to have a local shop carefully weld up some identical V-clamps to some by-pass pipes and my set of converters. Other than carefully measuring the appropriate amount of MS109 to add to the tank, it has not required anything else except oil changes. As Jon posted above, he can tune your hot rod within your budget. This car runs so well now, I cannot go more than partial throttle unless the straights are fairly long enough! I say realistically while faster cars exist, this tuned Redeye has not allowed ANYTHING I have not intended to go around it yet on a long straight! For drag racing he can tune that thing from where it is now to a potential sub nine sec car like he has in his own garage. If you cannot work on it, my hope is you have younger family or friends or can find an acceptable local shop to help. You go this route sir and your dreams and hopes will materialize. As you have seen above not many people are recommending the DC route.

Oh, why do I change the cats out??? Keeping in in warranty required a visit to the dealer each and everytime I went to one of my two favorite Road courses. Redeyes melt cats when you can use them like me and a few do. While Dodge added an impressive amount of power and other items to the base Hellcat engine, the same cats remain. I dare say they are highly inadequate along with some added AI shit programming referred to as Cat over temp (COT) that will do all sorts of bad things to the system that cause the cats temps to actually get so hot along with dumping extra fuel that my dealer describes as it was actually shooting flames into them and destroying them! Now you know why lots of us have kissed Dodge and DC to the ditch, besides not a good value, their reputation is not good.

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewisville
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #28
Wow! I don’t know if I can trust a young whipper snapper like you seem to be. (jk). I’m definitely going to contact Jon. I’ve looked through his catalog, and it’s like a Christmas Catalog. I, unlike you, have zero talent when it comes to fixing cars. So I’m looking for a good mechanic in the Lewisville, Tx area so I can scratch it off my bucket list.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
He is sharp, responsive and the proof is in his work.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I used Direct Connection back in the 70s when racers could buy performance parts at discounted prices.

Now, it seems that it's exactly opposite of what it was originally meant to be.
Back in 71/74..the dealer I bought my Demon 340 from made a huge commitment to Direct Connection..and the parts guys were racers..and prices were great...great time to be a Mopar guy...(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wow! I don’t know if I can trust a young whipper snapper like you seem to be. (jk). I’m definitely going to contact Jon. I’ve looked through his catalog, and it’s like a Christmas Catalog. I, unlike you, have zero talent when it comes to fixing cars. So I’m looking for a good mechanic in the Lewisville, Tx area so I can scratch it off my bucket list.
Ok Old man...just how old are ya....(we do have age restrictions here:oops:)

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewisville
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #32
I’m 76, but I’ll feel 20 if I can get my car faster.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m 76, but I’ll feel 20 if I can get my car faster.
"76"...(and I thought I was old @ 71)...Hmmm...lets see...do you remember where you were when Pres. Kennedy was shot:unsure:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
"76"...(and I thought I was old @ 71)...Hmmm...lets see...do you remember where you were when Pres. Kennedy was shot:unsure:
I was sitting in front of a TV in 1979 watching it. Jimmy Carter was president though:geek:

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewisville
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #35
I was sitting in front of a TV in 1979 watching it. Jimmy Carter was president though:geek:
I was at lunch In high school. It seemed odd to me, but when Oswald got shot in a police station with cops all around, I knew something was up.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That's the guy that shoulda been shot...(worst Pres. of all time)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was at lunch In high school. It seemed odd to me, but when Oswald got shot in a police station with cops all around, I knew something was up.
Yup..talk about conspiracy..:giggle:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Have you been following current events?!?!!?
Why should I...as long as Reagan is still in office were good man..;)