Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye Airbox installed on Regular Hellcat w/Redeye hood

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Installed a Redeye airbox (need redeye intake tube) on a regular 2023 Hellcat Charger with the redeye hood. Install was a pain in the ass. The front lower airbox snorkel makes it almost impossible to get the larger Redeye air box on. For anyone wanting to tackle this install, I highly recommend removing the plastic rivet holding the front snorkel to the bumper. You’ll have to reach around and pull it out or just cut the rivet from the backside. This allows you to move the snorkel out of the way just enough to get the large redeye box in. You also have to loosen the coolant reservoir and move it to give you a little more room to maneuver. In any case, got it all in and the butt dyno says minimum 150hp :D. Ear dyno says I’m blasting sonic booms every time I get on it. Seriously, I can’t tell if there is any performance gain or if it’s any louder but I like how I’m at least putting the factory ram air port of the redeye hood to good use. So for those wondering, the factory redeye box sort of “drops” right in.

IMG_9649.jpeg IMG_9650.jpeg

Last edited:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What is the difference between a "Red-eye" challenger intake and a 2019 standard hellcat challenger intake.
Looks like the same thing to me.
BTW:
removed mine and replaced with a JLT.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Can I see a pic of your redeye hood on your charger?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
What is the difference between a "Red-eye" challenger intake and a 2019 standard hellcat challenger intake.
BTW:
Actual cone filter, huge I take tube, and open air box for the ram air hood. Regular 2019 has a closed box with a flat filter element, I think

OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Thread Starter #5
BTW:
Well, I’m talking about a Charger here, NOT a challenger. The regular charger hellcat gets a closed airbox. it appears Challengers 19+ get the redeye airbox and intake tube. I wonder why dodge stuck with the closed box for the charger? The open cone filter and air box came standard on the Challenger Redeye when it was first introduced with the dual snorkel hood. Of course, everything works its way down the assembly line with Dodge and these parts obviously trickled down to the regular challenger.

Last edited:
OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Thread Starter #6
Can I see a pic of your redeye hood on your charger?
I’ve attached pics of the ram air port. IMG_9653.jpeg IMG_9654.jpeg