Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Getting rid of redeye

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
This definitely isn't in the right spot but I figured the forum is a small enough and tight knit enough community where I could post this here.

Unfortunately my time will be coming to an end shortly with the charger redeye, between all the stuff that's going on( thefts, ppl putting on trackers) and my lack of use of the vehicle I have decided to get rid of the redeye. Maybe I'll return one day back to the hellcat world but for now here we are.

I will upload some pictures, if anyone here is interested or has someone interested I would appreciate any assistance in finding the right buyer for the car, 12 pack, steak dinner, etc etc for whoever can help me out.

Pm for vin/ (1600 miles) (2023 charger redeye)

Attachments

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This definitely isn't in the right spot but I figured the forum is a small enough and tight knit enough community where I could post this here.

Unfortunately my time will be coming to an end shortly with the charger redeye, between all the stuff that's going on( thefts, ppl putting on trackers) and my lack of use of the vehicle I have decided to get rid of the redeye. Maybe I'll return one day back to the hellcat world but for now here we are.

I will upload some pictures, if anyone here is interested or has someone interested I would appreciate any assistance in finding the right buyer for the car, 12 pack, steak dinner, etc etc for whoever can help me out.

Man..that's gotta be tough letting go...I couldn't do it..(gorgeous car btw)

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Man..that's gotta be tough letting go...I couldn't do it..(gorgeous car btw)
Lack of garage space, not wanting to get into some bs due to the cars reputation i.e harassed by cops, broken into, stolen, tracked, etc etc, and wanting something faster lol.

Definitely sad to see the car go but it is what it is. Definitely enjoyed my time in the hellcat world, one of the baddest cars to ever do it.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

So sad, such a beautiful color...

Snowman

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cranberry Twp
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
and wanting something faster lol
Whatcha thinking about next? Not selling my SS, but just sold my Wrangler and I’m itching to get something else. Was looking real hard at 911 Turbo S, but they depreciate so damn bad and I’m not rich enough to just let $100k evaporate 4-5 years after driving it off the lot.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Whatcha thinking about next? Not selling my SS, but just sold my Wrangler and I’m itching to get something else. Was looking real hard at 911 Turbo S, but they depreciate so damn bad and I’m not rich enough to just let $100k evaporate 4-5 years after driving it off the lot.
Awww...C'mon...pull the trigger...it's only money...:giggle::giggle::giggle:...all you guy's from the CommonWEALTH are loaded...

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Let us see the rest of your cars and we'll tell you what you can gid rid of...keep the Charger. But did you even really drive it anyway? That car is not even run in yet, doubt you got close to it's true performance threshold/capability...

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #8
I am actively hunting a twin turbo huracan, most likely a ugr build but we shall see.

Car market In general is tanking hard, but a used turbo s wouldn't be a bad buy, maybe look at the 991.2, 992s are still up there.

But yeah agreed, I'm not trying to take a bath on some of these cars

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Awww...C'mon...pull the trigger...it's only money...:giggle::giggle::giggle:...all you guy's from the CommonWEALTH are loaded...
Tell him 🤣🤣🤣🤣

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Let us see the rest of your cars and we'll tell you what you can gid rid of...keep the Charger. But did you even really drive it anyway? That car is not even run in yet, doubt you got close to it's true performance threshold/capability...
I take care of my cars (let it get to operating oil temp, oil change after break in/every 6 months) but I probably drive them harder than the majority of you in here, remember I'm in my 20s and basically grew up on disgustingly fast cars since I was a teenager. I have done it all, road courses, autocross, drag strips, canyon runs, "cutting up," roll races, rallies, etc etc.

My other car in the garage is a 700whp g80 m3 xdrive, it's about 600lbs lighter than the redeye too. On the street on street tires + pump gas the car is high 9s, once I go flex fuel and go e50/e60 the car will run mid 9s in the quarter and 60-130 should be in the high 4s low 5s. Not sure how far I'm gonna take this build but the g80 is objectively the better car when compared against the redeye, handles better, attracts less attention, interior looks like it belongs in a 100k car, awd, technology from 2024, etc etc.

I love the redeye but I just don't use the car enough since I got my g80, gonna make room, looking at a boosted huracan/r8.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

GL with sale. I actually recently sold my challenger Redeye to my father. Kept my charger hellcat. I’m possibly looking at getting something else in a couple years I really like the 2020-22 GT500s. Curious to see if they drop a new gt500 in 2026. There isn’t a lot of great performance cars new or a few years old for around 100k anymore the prices have gotten so high for exotics or Porsche Carrera products all the really nice stuff C8 Z06 or an entry level supercar 150-200k which is more than I’m willing to pay for a 3rd car. I was also looking at some manual cars like for instance a lightly used c6 ZR1 but they want like 70-90k for nicer ones.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Giant bottle of Visine ought to take care of the problem !

Seriously tho, GLWS - car isn't even broken in, should go fast !

Snowman

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cranberry Twp
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I’m not pulling my zipper down with you to see whose is bigger. I’ve been around long enough to have an idea what cars are parked in your garage.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
[popcorn]

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I take care of my cars (let it get to operating oil temp, oil change after break in/every 6 months) but I probably drive them harder than the majority of you in here, remember I'm in my 20s and basically grew up on disgustingly fast cars since I was a teenager. I have done it all, road courses, autocross, drag strips, canyon runs, "cutting up," roll races, rallies, etc etc.

My other car in the garage is a 700whp g80 m3 xdrive, it's about 600lbs lighter than the redeye too. On the street on street tires + pump gas the car is high 9s, once I go flex fuel and go e50/e60 the car will run mid 9s in the quarter and 60-130 should be in the high 4s low 5s. Not sure how far I'm gonna take this build but the g80 is objectively the better car when compared against the redeye, handles better, attracts less attention, interior looks like it belongs in a 100k car, awd, technology from 2024, etc etc.

I love the redeye but I just don't use the car enough since I got my g80, gonna make room, looking at a boosted huracan/r8.
So your modified 4wd BMW is a little quicker than your stock redeye. I believe it, especially on the street, but I'm just curious why that makes you want your redeye less than what made you purchase it in the first place? Wont break my heart if you sell it, and a large back seat must not be a priority(which is why we get the Charger right, otherwise we all should have Challengers!), but a RWD big power/motor car is a special thing and you already have one, probably paid a good $ on it knowing you too, but if this helps roll you into that twin turbo V10 Lambo I know I can't hold that against you. I just see these Mopars as something cooler than the BMWs, but I am a little bit of a white redneck Joe Dirt lol

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Different strokes for different folks.

I'm very happy right where I'm at, all those exotics are nice to look at, very nice in fact, but they aren't for me.

I was just at my brother's house in Utah, and his neighbor had a Ferrari that he's selling. When asked why, he said something to the affect of, "I wished for my childhood hero, then I met him and learned he's an asshole."

I've heard so many people say similar things, once they get in them, own them, they find out the truth, firsthand.

You make a couple thousand of something, you only learn so much, you make a few hundred-thousand, sometimes even a million, and you learn a lot more, and you can do continuous improvement. Say what you will about Dodge and the like, but they are generally reliable vehicles, and when they do break, they can be repaired for far less, usually right in my garage, by me.

Are they perfect? No, but they are the right balance of price, quality and performance, and I get to waive my fan-boi American flag too! ;)

:cool:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
BTW, GLWS

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
GLWS! I am amazed at what you are considering…if you have it, flaunt it. On the other hand, I am not interested in sports cars. The Hellcat is the ultimate American musclecar ever produced.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m not pulling my zipper down with you to see whose is bigger. I’ve been around long enough to have an idea what cars are parked in your garage.
dont believe what these Forum guys say...I'm just a poor old guy that can't retire..:(:(;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
GLWS! I am amazed at what you are considering…if you have it, flaunt it. On the other hand, I am not interested in sports cars. The Hellcat is the ultimate American musclecar ever produced.
Agreed...911 variants are awesome cars in their own rite...but they do absolutely nothing for me:sleep::sleep: