Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Hellcat A/C help

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I wonder if something is up with the temp sensor. On the dash she gets to 50 degrees, chiller only. But theres literally a bit of ice forming on the coolant inlet on the blower. Ive swapped the sensor out, no chnage.
Are you certain the in/out hose are connected to the correct ports on the blower? Sounds like you are reading exit water temps.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #103
Are you certain the in/out hose are connected to the correct ports on the blower? Sounds like you are reading exit water temps.
To be blunt, ive switched them back and forth with no change.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
To be blunt, ive switched them back and forth with no change.
Then something is definitely wrong there, you should see a change.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #105
Then something is definitely wrong there, you should see a change.
Than i wonder what that could be..... Bricks blocked.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #106
Heres what ive done.
Bought a new sensor. Placed it in ice water, along with a thermometer. Hooked it up and read the dash gauge. Gauge reada 35. Thermometer in ice water reads 32. Close enough. Removed whipple lid. Flushed intercoolers. Installed new temp sensor. Reinstalled lid. Place coolant lines in correct location. Burped air out of coolant system. Still only getting 53-55 degrees chiller only. That doesnt change if i hook it up backwards or not.

Sounds like my chiller just isnt chilling as good as it used to. Ive change cab and chiller tx valve, cab and chiller drier. I never flushed the chiller i was afraid of damaging it. Thats really all i can think of thats left. The chiller its self or the t piece that has the pressure switch on it. Thoughts?

Attachments

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Best and a vary simple waze 2 find info is 2. Find out your Delta Tee is. 17 dagreez whore close iz guud. Dat will tell ya ware ifster or snot. Youz have youz lines crossed. Or youz beun crossed up. Neva no.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #108
Can usually interpret what you're saying pretty good hickster but you lost me on this one brother

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am just talkin Tennaseean. Could be the lack of shine. Not a snort in 3 weeks, but. Deesyfer the last wording. He can find out the crossing of lines by taking the temps of the supply and returns. The delta tee is the difference between the 2. Supply 45 and return 60. Perfect difference is 17 degrees difference. Now if it is a 5 " differance not good. Dare ya goster. Sea snot sew hard 2 deesyfer.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I am just talkin Tennaseean. Could be the lack of shine. Not a snort in 3 weeks, but. Deesyfer the last wording. He can find out the crossing of lines by taking the temps of the supply and returns. The delta tee is the difference between the 2. Supply 45 and return 60. Perfect difference is 17 degrees difference. Now if it is a 5 " differance not good. Dare ya goster. Sea snot sew hard 2 deesyfer.
Can’t read a word you just wrote

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Unhooly 69, I rote dat asspshuly fer youz. Just watt language youz speakin? Jibberush? Luuk, Ize can speak alot of stuff, butt watt youz are ass kissen is in brail. Ize doo snot have da ability whore machine 2 handle dat. Like I said before. This is a test of the mind to see if it can read around, thru, back words. It seems like you, my friend, have failed.