Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I come to this thread to see what's going on in the garages of the country, and all it is lately is 2 old men talking about the weather. ;)
Is 54 considered "old" now:unsure:

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I come to this thread to see what's going on in the garages of the country, and all it is lately is 2 old men talking about the weather. ;)
So as not to disappoint you, after replacing my battery, the new one was dead within a week. Pulled it....charged it...tried again. Car started. Now throwing 4 codes. 2 related to 'lost communication to the active exhaust valves', and 2 other relating to intercooler coolant pump. Seems my car thinks the intercooler is overheating, so it is running the pump in order to cool it down - even after the ignition is off. Does this until the battery is flat dead.

So I'd rather talk about the weather than deal with all that for the moment....

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Little higher humidity then I would expect, did it just stop raining:unsure:
Oh, I wish we got some rain.

It's probably high because I'm irrigating. As is the neighbor to the south, where the wind tends to come from.

EDIT: It's down to 25% now. That's still a bit high, though.

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I just dropped off my poor car for Fender replacement :(
My ass will be tight until I see it again all better & looking perfect I hope
He said it will be done tomorrow...

People in this City drive like PHACK TARDS
Just got a call
Car is done
Dude don t waste no time
Painter said he even matched the factory grain ( orange peal )
He said looks perfect inside the building under lights & outside in the sun & it helped the car never seen much sun

Between the rain & our schedules I can t pick it up till Saturday

I like the extra space in my garage for the short period

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Just got a call
Car is done
Dude don t waste no time
Painter said he even matched the factory grain ( orange peal )
He said looks perfect inside the building under lights & outside in the sun & it helped the car never seen mush sun

Between the rain & our schedules I can t pick it up till Saturday

I like the extra space in my garage for the short period
There we go!!! Glad to hear!

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Nope🤣 every 6 months regardless of mileage so it goes in this Friday for its spring oil change which makes 6 so far
So, oil every 6mo and tires every 8mo?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Used it to run errands to run the gas down. Once it stops displaying miles left, I know there is about a gallon in there. Then I'll purge it and pour in the 100. I want to run the 100 to make sure the car is happy with it before Land Speed Trials next month. If it has probs with the Sunoco 100, I may need to add some MS109 and/or octane booster.

I will do at least a Street Night to make sure it is happy before I go. Hopefully Bowlerguy92 will be there too!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Today I watched the Engine Masters episode, again, on how/if higher octane makes more power.

About a two hp difference between 87 and 116 octane was the result. Only E85 made more, and not by much. Of course, that was with a naturally aspirated and computer free engine.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
So, oil every 6mo and tires every 8mo?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah! Those Nitto 05Rs don’t wear for shit, about 2,500 miles a set and they are impossible to find anymore ☹️ that’s why I switch to the G2s😊 hope to get at least 5,000 miles out of these!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Today I watched the Engine Masters episode, again, on how/if higher octane makes more power.

About a two hp difference between 87 and 116 octane was the result. Only E85 made more, and not by much. Of course, that was with a naturally aspirated and computer free engine.
I rewatched it the other morning. If an engine only needs 87 octane, more octane will do nothing. More octane also doesn't make less hp if it is too much. Remember hearing that before. E85 made 10 hp more then 87. Thinking more from cooling

They sure have debunked a lot of things. I also like they found no hp gain with ceramic coated headers. Only reason you would go that way if the headers were steel and would rust. Stainless would be a waste of money to coat them

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
One that really surprised was that "crinkle bent" exhaust pipe didn't seem to make any real difference compared to mandrel bent tubing.

On the other hand, the length of the header collector apparently does matter quite a bit.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
One that really surprised was that "crinkle bent" exhaust pipe didn't seem to make any real difference compared to mandrel bent tubing.

On the other hand, the length of the header collector apparently does matter quite a bit.
Spending extra money for mandrel bend didnt look like it was worth it but looks better:)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Octane is not a measure of power content, but a measure of resistance to pre-detonation.

Once you've met your engines needs, extra octane actually hurts, because higher octane fuel actually burns slower.

However this is complicated by the fact that people try to use these facts (once they know and understand them) across different types of fuel, which are not directly comparable.

i.e., Don't try to compare pump fuel to race fuel simply by octane numbers. (Energy content does not equal octane)

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Installed the hydro dipped vents on my Hellcats hood. Thanks @why2kmax

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Octane is not a measure of power content, but a measure of resistance to pre-detonation.

Once you've met your engines needs, extra octane actually hurts, because higher octane fuel actually burns slower.

However this is complicated by the fact that people try to use these facts (once they know and understand them) across different types of fuel, which are not directly comparable.

i.e., Don't try to compare pump fuel to race fuel simply by octane numbers. (Energy content does not equal octane)
Some of the old guys may recall that the Taurus SHO was actually faster on 87 than 93. The engine was able to get more hp from the faster burning low octane fuel. Never heard of any other car being able to do that.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Installed the hydro dipped vents on my Hellcats hood. Thanks @why2kmax

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I did that back on 2016, after about 3 years they started to crack and peel. It got ugly fast.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

It may burn slower and thus why it was thought to lose power but they found that wasn't true

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Some of the old guys may recall that the Taurus SHO was actually faster on 87 than 93. The engine was able to get more hp from the faster burning low octane fuel. Never heard of any other car being able to do that.
Something else going on there. They proved higher octane didn't hurt hp be it 91 pump or different race fuels over 87

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It may burn slower and thus why it was thought to lose power but they found that wasn't true

What engine / ignition?

Adaptive like ours?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It has rained more here in the past two weeks than it rained the last 5 years I was in the East Valley of Arizona.🤬
And we all know...just how much you LOVE the rain...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)