Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2.4 Supercharger pulley size boost calculation

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Idk man, hot is hot. Who tunes your car again? lol
Curt.

Ask speedy what temps he was comfortable with. If I recall he was hitting 160's and that was about his reasonable limit. Since he had OST at first I'm sure if they saw anything wrong with it Mike would've said something.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not sure if later models are different from what my 2016 was, but I'd have about 2 deg of timing pulled by the time the MAT was in the 150s. I never saw above about 165° F so that 2 deg pull in timing was the max I saw. I never saw a boost reduction from MAT that I ever noticed.

My tune was setup with a gradual increase in MAT HOT timing reduction up to about 1.7 aircharge, then flat from then on. It's based on a reference IAT max value for max pull of timing. It's been a while but I think I left that reference value stock.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not sure if later models are different from what my 2016 was, but I'd have about 2 deg of timing pulled by the time the MAT was in the 150s. I never saw above about 165° F so that 2 deg pull in timing was the max I saw. I never saw a boost reduction from MAT that I ever noticed.

My tune was setup with a gradual increase in MAT HOT timing reduction up to about 1.7 aircharge, then flat from then on. It's based on a reference IAT max value for max pull of timing. It's been a while but I think I left that reference value stock.
Mine would very evidently dump boost as well at exactly 145 this year until things were adjusted back to where they were before the chiller install. Maybe it was an oversight but I'd go from 19ish to 11ish and only when IAT2 eclipsed 145. Whether that is an 18+ thing or an oops thing I'll probably never know. But one revision later I'm clipping 9.8's pretty solid in good air. No KR, no other timing pulled, IDC/FP look good, good fuel in the tank, plugs look good. I'm happy.

TheGasMan

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
TRX
Does anyone have this kind data for the TRX? I have been searching high and low on the interwebs for information/data like this for a couple years now. I live in the south where it’s hot&humid most of the year, and I’m trying to figure out if spinning the 2.39L SC faster with 93oct would be noticeable over stock when heat soaked from DD in 100 degree weather. Would a Gen.6 Whipple, ported heads, higher flowing exhaust, 5in intake and possibly a more efficient heat exchanger and plumbing, if that’s even a thing, do anything to reduce timing being pulled in said conditions?

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #85
Does anyone have this kind data for the TRX? I have been searching high and low on the interwebs for information/data like this for a couple years now. I live in the south where it’s hot&humid most of the year, and I’m trying to figure out if spinning the 2.39L SC faster with 93oct would be noticeable over stock when heat soaked from DD in 100 degree weather. Would a Gen.6 Whipple, ported heads, higher flowing exhaust, 5in intake and possibly a more efficient heat exchanger and plumbing, if that’s even a thing, do anything to reduce timing being pulled in said conditions?
It’s the same chart. An aftermarket supercharger runs cooler period and you can make the same power with less boost

TheGasMan

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
TRX
It’s the same chart. An aftermarket supercharger runs cooler period and you can make the same power with less boost
The tuner/performance-shop that I’ve been working with lately is convinced that IHI/factory SC runs hotter than factory, or at least goes from an overheated SC state back down to normal operation temps faster. Is this not true?