Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electrified delayed 3 months

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Scat Pack Shaker
Well, if you keep the jump box and/or jumper cables in the trunk it's time for a change of plans.

Otherwise it's similar to writing down the combination for your safe and putting that note in the safe.
Exactly and it shouldn’t be. I’ve never owned another car that I couldn’t get the trunk open without resorting to being a trunk monkey when power was out.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I guess when you stop seeing mules having open trunks and tampon strings, they finally figured out the electrical issue not allowing the hatch to open so they can reset the 12v battery in the trunk.

But the 90 days is tentative based on documents they sent dealers. They are hoping the issues are resolved by August/September. I've had sources tell me they had to put a bunch of engineers on the Daytona and they have to engineer some new parts LOL

View attachment 141422
We can absolutely trust technology!

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2024...ped-tesla-after-battery-dies-without-warning/

(BTW: This is exactly why we will NEVER have "smart" guns!)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This is exactly why we will NEVER have "smart" guns!
There would be no need for "smart guns" if we had smart people.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They should have put battery connections under the hood. That would simplify things.
Or...put a key hole there....like they used to for 70 years

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There would be no need for "smart guns" if we had smart people.
And if we were truly civilized..thre would be no need for guns...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Or...put a key hole there....like they used to for 70 years
Surely you don't suggest putting people through the hardship of having to use a key to open the trunk?

If people were that much into doing things themselves we wouldn't have rain sensitive wipers, automatic headlights, etc. Gotta preserve energy while driving to the gym.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Surely you don't suggest putting people through the hardship of having to use a key to open the trunk?

If people were that much into doing things themselves we wouldn't have rain sensitive wipers, automatic headlights, etc. Gotta preserve energy while driving to the gym.
I can tell when it rains...and gets dark...I over ride all that bullshit whenever I can...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I can tell when it rains...and gets dark...I over ride all that bullshit whenever I can...
Yup, I spent about 10 minutes disabling all kinds of crap on the new (to me) Durango today.

That'll come in handy if I drive it today.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yup, I spent about 10 minutes disabling all kinds of crap on the new (to me) Durango today.

That'll come in handy if I drive it today.
My new Genesis is even worse than the Durango with the nattering nannies, took a while but I've finally killed off most of it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
im waiting for the inline twin turbo version :D

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My new Genesis is even worse than the Durango with the nattering nannies, took a while but I've finally killed off most of it.
My wife's new Genesis has all that Bullshit...and I hate it...(she loves it)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My wife's new Genesis has all that Bullshit...and I hate it...(she loves it)
I really do like the car, but the nannies are annoying AF [rant] I've managed to turn most of the crap off, but some will not let you.
The headlights are super annoying as the sensor is just too damn sensitive. Drive under some trees & the lights flick on, turn off the auto headlights and the damn thing beeps & puts up a message that the headlights are off [hatchet]

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I really do like the car, but the nannies are annoying AF [rant] I've managed to turn most of the crap off, but some will not let you.
The headlights are super annoying as the sensor is just too damn sensitive. Drive under some trees & the lights flick on, turn off the auto headlights and the damn thing beeps & puts up a message that the headlights are off [hatchet]
I get it...my wife rarely drives more than 20 miles a day...a month ago I had to take her car to Pittsburg..90 miles into the trip..the screen shows a cup of hot coffee and starts playin bedroom music...WTF is this bullshit I'm thinkin...thought is was gonna pour a cup of coffee on my feet...I called her and asked her WTF...she read the manual ..and told me the call was tellin me to take a break...again WTF...but the thing I find most disconcerting about the car..when going from drive to park..you don't move the shifter...you push a button...now I've driven 100's of vehicles in my time..it's a conditioned reflex be it a floor shifter...or on the column ....push the lever all the way forward for park...NOT SEARCH FOR A FUCKIN BUTTON...in a panic situation,,it could have negative results....driving should be second naure...searching for a park button is NOT...did I mention I hate her car

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Taking a break, huh?

When I went to Utah this week to pick up a car I stopped three times. Once to take a leak, then at the dealership, and then to get fuel on the way home. That was a 1,100-mile drive.

Of course, There were also five involuntary stops in the first 400 something miles. Three stop signs and two stop lights.It got worse from there.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Taking a break, huh?

When I went to Utah this week to pick up a car I stopped three times. Once to take a leak, then at the dealership, and then to get fuel on the way home. That was a 1,100-mile drive.

Of course, There were also five involuntary stops in the first 400 something miles. Three stop signs and two stop lights.It got worse from there.
My all time iron butt trip....last spring...Bflo NY./ Ft. Lauderdale Fla..round trip 47 hrs (towing an 18ft enclosed trailer)...no sleep...gas stops only.(a ton of em)..ate junk food @ every gas stop...the last 100 miles or so..was hallucinating...coffee was my only stimulant...and I was alone

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
How awful.
Would it be so bad to have an auxiliary power setup off a standard 12V battery? Main battery dies for whatever reason, the 12V system switches over to run things like the doors/windows.
I thought Tesla had this ?