Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electrified delayed 3 months

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
My all time iron butt trip....last spring...Bflo NY./ Ft. Lauderdale Fla..round trip 47 hrs (towing an 18ft enclosed trailer)...no sleep...gas stops only.(a ton of em)..ate junk food @ every gas stop...the last 100 miles or so..was hallucinating...coffee was my only stimulant...and I was alone
Sounds dangerous.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I thought Tesla had this ?
They might. IDK. Never looked at one closely other than a few rides that I have taken in them.

But the TFL guys I remember bought a Tesla and I think they had issues with the door locking and not being able to open it.

But ultimately, what is wrong with a physical key? Everyone needs more and more tech for shit that I find silly. Its nice to walk up to your car and have it unlock. But is it really a deal breaker if you have to pull a key out of your pocket to unlock it? And in this situation, the lady just pulls out a key and unlocks the door. Kid can get out and no need to call the fire department to smash a window open.

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
They might. IDK. Never looked at one closely other than a few rides that I have taken in them.

But the TFL guys I remember bought a Tesla and I think they had issues with the door locking and not being able to open it.

But ultimately, what is wrong with a physical key? Everyone needs more and more tech for shit that I find silly. Its nice to walk up to your car and have it unlock. But is it really a deal breaker if you have to pull a key out of your pocket to unlock it? And in this situation, the lady just pulls out a key and unlocks the door. Kid can get out and no need to call the fire department to smash a window open.
I am electric car stupid
I am modern ICE car stupid

We just purchased a new 2024 Edge
The Ford trademark door keypad is gone
The dealer never even knew
Wife left her keys in the car out of habit due to the past 3 cars having the option
She can t get the car open
Her phone that is suppose to open the door is in the car too
Love technology

Last nite I worked on an old 350 Chevy pickup with points distributor and no spark for a friend that spent all week trying to fire it up
Easy peasy
Love the old shit
A breath of fresh air

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I get it...my wife rarely drives more than 20 miles a day...a month ago I had to take her car to Pittsburg..90 miles into the trip..the screen shows a cup of hot coffee and starts playin bedroom music...WTF is this bullshit I'm thinkin...thought is was gonna pour a cup of coffee on my feet...I called her and asked her WTF...she read the manual ..and told me the call was tellin me to take a break...again WTF...but the thing I find most disconcerting about the car..when going from drive to park..you don't move the shifter...you push a button...now I've driven 100's of vehicles in my time..it's a conditioned reflex be it a floor shifter...or on the column ....push the lever all the way forward for park...NOT SEARCH FOR A FUCKIN BUTTON...in a panic situation,,it could have negative results....driving should be second naure...searching for a park button is NOT...did I mention I hate her car
I turned that break reminder off right away, it's in the settings. One of the cool things is after a hour of driving, the massaging seats come on automatically & give your butt & back a nice massage. The knob arrangement for the shifter and media screen are very slick looking, but I would have preferred a T-shifter, it is disquieting to push a button for Park. The e-parking brake is also weird + the control operates 'backwards' IMO. Pulling the lever engages it & pushing turns it off.

Would also like to coax more intake/exhaust sound out of it. Some have cut out the huge can under the back bumper, but not sure I like that either.
Unfortunately, no aftermarket exhaust yet except from some place in Korea that's expensive and doesn't really change the sound much.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Last nite I worked on an old 350 Chevy pickup with points distributor and no spark for a friend that spent all week trying to fire it up
Easy peasy
Love the old shit
A breath of fresh air
That was one thing that made me lust for a '69 El Camino...to be able to fix just about anything on it with a Leatherman.

(Sorry. That should be Leatherperson these days.)

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I get it...my wife rarely drives more than 20 miles a day...a month ago I had to take her car to Pittsburg..90 miles into the trip..the screen shows a cup of hot coffee and starts playin bedroom music...WTF is this bullshit I'm thinkin...thought is was gonna pour a cup of coffee on my feet...I called her and asked her WTF...she read the manual ..and told me the call was tellin me to take a break...again WTF...but the thing I find most disconcerting about the car..when going from drive to park..you don't move the shifter...you push a button...now I've driven 100's of vehicles in my time..it's a conditioned reflex be it a floor shifter...or on the column ....push the lever all the way forward for park...NOT SEARCH FOR A FUCKIN BUTTON...in a panic situation,,it could have negative results....driving should be second naure...searching for a park button is NOT...did I mention I hate her car
Here's the button of all buttons for you, this was spotted in a parked in public Charger Daytona EV.

Charger Daytona button.jpg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
In fairness, every test vehicle needs a big Ahhh Shit button.
I suppose an all electric vehicle needs a really big one!

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

You forgot to mention alerting Child Welfare Services to cite you for locking the kid in a hot car! You are now a registered bad parent!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That’s the emergency battery shutoff if you wreck 😂

#racecar
Here's the button of all buttons for you, this was spotted in a parked in public Charger Daytona EV.

View attachment 141567

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Scat Pack Shaker
T

But ultimately, what is wrong with a physical key? Everyone needs more and more tech for shit that I find silly. It’s nice to walk up to your car and have it unlock. But is it really a deal breaker if you have to pull a key out of your pocket to unlock it? And in this situation, the lady just pulls out a key and unlocks the door. Kid can get out and no need to call the fire department to smash a window open.
There’s a way to get the door open in a Tesla from the inside with a completely dead battery. No one reads their manual though.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
A door handle?

But what bout getting into the car?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
T

There’s a way to get the door open in a Tesla from the inside with a completely dead battery. No one reads their manual though.
Read the manual???..yer kidden right...bad enough they have to drive the thing...now ya want them to read about it...:rolleyes:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

View attachment 141567
They actually have preproduction test cars now?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
A door handle?

But what bout getting into the car?
My Ferd didn't come with a manual, when I inquired they said I could BUY one!!!!! They said the manual is accessible through the screen, but that only helps if your car is working properly!!! Never again...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My Ferd didn't come with a manual, when I inquired they said I could BUY one!!!!! They said the manual is accessible through the screen, but that only helps if your car is working properly!!! Never again...
It's a Ferd....what did ya expect...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
T

Nice.
But the kid was trapped inside in a child seat.
It was grandma who was locked outside.

I don't own one so haven't had a reason to read a manual.